YOU DONT KNOW MEEEEeee

I am anonymous.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

In 11th grade I took American History. It was a great class for 3 reasons:
1- history is easy- it already happened...so there's nothing to figure out...
2- gabe...i meant my brother...had the same teacher the year before; she liked him, therefore, she liked me...
3- student teacer who was genuinely interested in a) teacing and b) history (i think by "interested" i meant "passionate")
Anwya, the point is, the student teacher- I completely forget his name- made us write a poem about the Korean War. Mine was so good I got 5 extra points...so, in honor of "remembrance day""veteran's day"...or whatever day...this is what i writ...


Forgotten Soldier
They lie there in their shallow graves,
forgotten-all alonejust another number,
one less soldier coming home.
They crawled-they fought
through rain
through sleet
through snow
trenches, bombs, silent prayers
soldiers bathed in reddened mud
fallen bodies on the ground.
they fought-they died
both our comrades and our foes
now they lie there in their shallow graves
forgotten-all alone
just another number,
one less soldier coming home.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home