YOU DONT KNOW MEEEEeee

I am anonymous.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

I don't dance. I don't like to dance. I don't even know if I can dance, because I've never honestly tried. I know some of the world's worst dancers have a lot of fun, but I have a lot of fear that surrounds dancing. It's not really all that great.
God has been telling me for some time now to dance, and I know that if I would just be abandoned and dance- things would change. I would know a deeper freedom and a deeper love and a deeper intimacy- but I still won't dance.
I am afraid of what others think. I don't even want people to think I'm having a powerful spiritual experience- or anything like that. I don't want people to think that I finally surrendered and danced. It's a fight that's killing me, and I still won't give in. I don't get it.
I realize that my dancing won't really be such a huge topic-of-conversation around here, that it's not about me and people are watching me to see if I'm singing or dancing or sitting on my bum doing nothing- but...still.
So, I would like to be recklessly abandoned. To be completely dead to me. Please pray for strength, humility, and courage.

God, give me the strength to give the last bits of me to you. My voice, my speech, my thoughts, my movements...and give me the humility to not mind being humiliated for you. Give me the courage to strip down and dance- not literally strip, though, please- but to lay aside things that keep my feet from jigging and my arms from raising and my hands from clapping and to dance! And give me rhythm and teach me to dance! Thank you for your love and patience- and for my broken foot which can be my excuse for bad dancing. HAHA! I love you! AMEN!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Aurora said…

    Sometimes I dance in the War Room when I have no one but God as my audience. There was a day in Bangor when I was supposed to dance in worship with other people in the room....I couldn't believe how UNcomfortable it was, even in a room with my friends who loved me...wierd.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home