YOU DONT KNOW MEEEEeee

I am anonymous.

Monday, July 25, 2005

I was reading someone's blob and as I was commenting I realized...pfft...i should just blob this. So, here tis:

I have a problem with caring. Sometimes I think I care too much. If that's even possible. I get caught up in the "what can I do" for people, that I don't see what I am doing. It kind of goes along with a friend's blob about meeting a lady, and after mentally scanning the contents of her bag she realized she had nothing to help this chick, but what the chick needed was help getting up...only, there are times when there's nothing you can do but pray. And while that's more than a sandwich, Satan has twisted my mind to see it as nothing. Although, I'm seeing it as more- it just doesn't feel as practical. Especially in the following story:

Last night, I was going to let a friend sleep in my room, but she is barred from the Empress, and so when I got home, I had to tell her to leave. I had to make her sleep outside. She told me that I had to save her. That I was the only one who could help. That I was her little Jesus. It was 10:45, so it was too late for her to line up for a shelter, and she's got some anger/rage/crazy issues, so she's barred from most places anyway. As she was laying on my couch she would say something that gave me a glimpse into what was going- some comments she made indicated that she is going to do something to get into jail because she is so screwed right now with a place to live that at least then she'd have a bed and food. She also said she wished she was a dude, at least then she could sleep outside.
When you have someone laying on your couch, who hasn't slept in awhile, who you know will flip if you push too hard, who you just want to help- but there's nothing you can do- it sucks.

Where I live it's so easy to get bogged down in trying to help people that you get lost in a sea of hopelessness. Hallelujah, that hasn't happened to me in a long time- but we have a flock of new students coming in soon and I remember how overwhelming things seemed in the beginning and how Satan used situations to speak lies to me.
But I am learning that God can do it. I just sometimes have trouble waiting.

God, help us to have eyes to see where you are at work. And also eyes to see where we can do your work. Where we can establish your kingdom, and help bring about your justice. I pray that you download plans of action into us so taht we aren't overwhelmed and can go out and fight. I pray for victories, BIG ones- undeniable ones. Places where we can point and say- see that hurdle we jumped? See that mountain we climbed? So that we are not discouraged. And I pray for a renewed hope and a renewed sense of justice. And...a renewed dependancy on you, not what's in my bag. AMEN and AMEN.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home