YOU DONT KNOW MEEEEeee

I am anonymous.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Today I was putting the babies to bed and then I took I shower. When I got out of the shower, I noticed the littlest babies blanket on the floor of the hallway. As I looke at it again, I noticed, the baby was under it, sleeping in the hallway. As I picked her up and put her back in her bed, I was amazed at how incredibly awesome God is.
What did I ever do to deserve to tuck in His babies? What did I do to be able to kiss them good-night, to read them bedtime stories, to hug them, to put a band-aid on them, to pray with and for them? What did I do?
Absolutely nothing.
I was thinking, then, about the people God trusted me with, and I hurt them instead of speaking life into them. It sucks to look back at those things. It hurts. But God has given me a second chance with a lot of them. With my sister, with some friends, with people I hardly met, with leaders. It's amazing.
It still weirds me out that God gives us His babies and trusts us enough to care for them, and raise them up- and I'm just the freakin' babysitter! Imagine what being the mom must be like! Holy crap!
And then- if I- who suck, and screw up, and am definitely NOT perfect, and can't even love right- feel this way about these beautiful children- and other people God has given me- how the crap does God feel about me? How much more does it hurt Him when I don't listen? How much more does it hurt Him when I'm hurt? How much more does He rejoice when I'm good? When He gets good reports from my teachers and "babysitters" and stuff. How much more does He love me?
This is the kind of stuff that makes my brain go wonky...but I like it.

Thank you, God, for loving me.

That's been my prayer for the last little while, and I really like it. I haven't really been the easiest person to love, and yet- here's God who loves me. He died for me. And He's making me more lovable by the second, and has sent me people who love me and are helping Him and...wow...my brain...going wonky. but seriously- think about it. Your brain'll go wonky too.

oh, by the way...
YOU DONT KNOW MEEEEeee...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Aurora said…

    Aren't children the sweetest? Psalm 8:2 "From the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise" Hallelujah!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home