YOU DONT KNOW MEEEEeee

I am anonymous.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

and as the brilliant yellow m&m says in that one amazing commercial with all the passing out..."[s]he does exist!"
i thought tonight i would share a poem. i think it's soooo frickin' funny that online i can call it a poem- but out loud, it must be a song...or just something i wrote...poetry sounds so...something to me. like i have feelings or some such thing. (i think ive said this shiz before so one with my blahblahblahing)
now- dont hold me to this, it's probably not at all accurate...and on the one hand i get that it's not up to me, or about me...it's all jesus...but, seriously...this is where im at...

their blood is on my hands.
i chose that fate
when i decided to be shamed before the world
by picking up my cross
to be crucified next to You.
"their sin is My sin.
their pain, My pain.
their death, My death."
but then You turned around and conquered death
so that we all might Live.
i've yet to conquer death.
i face it every day.
i hear about children dying,
i see their faces in my head.
am i still alive
so that they may have the chance to live?
and what if i don't want to be the one
who is held responsible in the end?
when You say
"I was hungry, naked and exposed"
why can't i say
"i didn't see You.
i gave my ten percent.
i donated to charity.
i was a good person.
i Lived a good Life..."
why do i feel that in order for You to eat,
somedays i must go hungry?
for You to be clothed,
somedays i will be naked?
for You to be sheltered,
somedays i will be exposed?
i'm excited, though.
about when i'm called to account.
i want to see a sea
of faces
that are there because i chose to die.
i want our final place of eternal worship
to be crowded with the Living.
i don't want to face a roomful
of too-soon dead.
my blood is on Your hands.
my cross is on my back.
let's go ahead and get this done.
the pain, the humiliation
because i just want to Live.
i'm dying to Live-
so that others might also Live.

...okay...so it's a work in progress. i doubt i'll do anything to change it...but hey, whatever. it is what it is as with most things i do...

6 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Victory of the People said…

    how could i call you

    i dont know youuuuuuuu


    oh and sorry about the phone..i was at work...couldnt talk

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Rebekah Dooley said…

    i love you jaime reifer, you could come and vist one of this days, miss you

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Gideon son of Joash said…

    It sounds good I think it's a keeper. I also think it was the red M&M that said "he does exist" and then faints.

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Aurora said…

    "He is our Peace, who has broken down every wall...He is our peace, He is our peace...(repeat)...Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you, He is our Peace, He is our Peace"
    Just thought I'd drop you some lyrics that help me out when I'm caught up feeling the weight of the world. Give it to Jesus. He can take it.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Aurora said…

    so maybe that last one seemed a little flippant, but I meant it as a real truth...as you know, I cry a lot in general, so seeing you write some deep things and start getting serious about serious things is actually very cool from my perspective, and a sign of maturity...but one thing I learned/am learning, is that sometimes when I think I'm interceding for nations/people, all I'm really doing is getting caught up in the emotions and like you said, it becomes like this matter of pride, where I feel I should carry this weight on my shoulders for some reason, when what I'm supposed to be doing with all that anger/rage is give it to God. The sooner I remember that, the sooner I notice things shifting, and I know that God has heard what He needed to, and there is a release. But there are also seasons for everything. It looks like where you are is uncomfortable, but as long as you're seeking Jesus through it, it's good. Lord, stir up more hearts like Jaime's, that want not just to hear sad stories and feel for them for a second, but to feel for them to the point of actually doing something about it. Give us eyes to see our small part to impact the community around each of us for the better, and to the Glory of Your Name. Amen

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home